Mindfulness for Life - Course
MBCT-L (Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy - for Life) is a scientifically backed course by Oxford University, for the general population: link here. I have completed teacher-training and in the process of running two cohorts to become certified.
Here are details for the first cohort (dates of second cohort TBA)
When? 27Jan-31Mar 2022
- 10:00 -12:15 UK time - 135 mins THURSDAYS - 27Jan, 3, 10, 17 Feb, 3, 10, 24, 31 Mar 2022
- 10:00 - 14:15 UK time - SATURDAY 'HALF DAY RETREAT' - 19 Mar 2022
What is the format?
A highly structured experiential course cultivating real-time Awareness, Understanding and Wiser Action.
- Weekly Zoom sessions
- Home practice
- One half-day retreat to deepen practice
- More details here
Is it for you?
Please consider the following:
- Are you interested in living life more mindfully?
- Are you prepared to make the time commitment?
- It's important that you feel comfortable with the teacher.
£50 one-off fee for the whole course (vs £275 standard, as is part or my certification). I find that making a symbolic payment encourages commitment. Also it helps me get comfortable with asking for money.
- Are sessions recorded? No, to allow for greater openness.
- Can I miss an online-session? Preferably attend all, as group interaction is very helpful. However life is life and being a small group, I will endeavour to get in touch separately. There is also written course material and recorded meditations to follow.
Get in touch via this website, facebook or linkedin if you would like to know more.